- Panacea is an EU-funded Horizon 2020 project under the heading Research and Innovation Action (RIA)
- Duration: 36 months (May 2021 – April 2024)
- Budget: €3.49 million
- 10 Work Packages
- Aim: deliver marketable products
- Develop an holistic pre-, during and roadside monitoring and assessment system of driving ability
- Create a way to assess physical, cognitive, and physiological Fitness-to-Drive (commercial drivers)
- Deliver cloud-based countermeasures and coaching tools to deploy solutions to drivers, operators, and enforcement.
- Create 3 Commercial Health Toolkits (CHT) (Health monitoring, assessment methodologies and technical solutions for commercial drivers)
- Estimate their sensitivity, specificity, effectiveness and operability (alcohol, licit and illicit drugs, fatigue stress and cognitive load)
- Evaluate their usefulness, ease-of-use, satisfaction and acceptance (3 Use-Case Pilots)
- Develop and evaluate cloud-based coaching and supporting solutions
- Create a new definition of Fitness to Drive
- Suggest policy and legislative recommendations and updates of existing standards
- Assess the safety, socioeconomic and Quality of Life impacts.